When the pipes break in you home or business SERVPRO is ready to help.
Home and business owners can do all of the right things and still end up with burst pipes. In subzero weather, even interior pipes can burst. Weakened seams or bends may succumb to pressure from any type of clog. When you have flood or water damage, call SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth immediately. Since we can't be there before you hang up the phone, there are some things you can do.
When the Pipes Break:
- Before there is an emergency, know where the water main is located
- The water main is usually under the kitchen sink or outside the building
- When the water starts gushing out of a burst pipe, turn off the water
- There will still be water in the pipes, so you need to drain that water:
- flush each toilet at least once
- run cold water from all taps
- turn off taps once the cold water is drained
- shut off the hot-water heater
- run the taps for the hot water
- turn off the taps once the hot water is drained
- Call a plumber
- Start cleaning up the water to prevent water damage
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is ready to help 24 hours a day 7 days a week. (217) 428-2371