Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
IICRC Certified is necessary
We strive to be the best in the industry!
IICRC Certified is necessary when a restoration company claims they are certified technicians for fire damage cleanup. That is why SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth takes all the required steps each year to showcase our professionalism and dedication to a higher standard of care. Our technicians undergo the education to better understand the importance of industry standard protocols. Each technician carries their own certificate better aligning themselves with our franchise and our commitment to clean.
There are many variables when defining "standards" in the restoration industry. Our shop focuses on Professional Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration, as well as Water Damage Restoration. These two typically go hand-in-hand given that when there is a fire, water is used to put it out - lots and lots of water. SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth has been implementing these standards for over 15 years and we intend to continue operations to better serve our communities.
This is why SERVPRO is trusted to get the job done right and make it "Like it never even happened."
We just LOVE to see 5 Stars across the board!
We strive for 5 stars!
More than ever before we are relying on the internet to provide feedback on specific service industries. Today you can gather quick information on food, clothes, books, movies, music, commodities, and professional services. With a simple click you can make informed decisions based on the public’s opinion and their experiences. SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth also relies on such feedback for future client business. Here are several reasons why review matter. We hope this information will help provoke you to leave behind your story about the services that SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth provided for you during a time you needed help most!
- Social Proof Drives Purchases. We are more likely to make a purchase if others say (or write) it’s a good idea. If you experience a water damage or fire in your home or business, we understand that you want things to get back to the way things were before – quickly, safely and correctly.
- They Make You More Visible. We just LOVE to see 5 Stars across the board!
- They Make You Look Trustworthy. Positive reviews build significant trust and brand credibility. SERVPRO is a brand you should be able to trust, especially during times of crisis. We value your trust and we stride not to ever let you down.
- Conversation About You. Positive online presence promotes a good reputation. The more good stuff people have to say, the more likely others will utilize your brand.
- They Are Increasingly Essential to Decision Making. Almost two-thirds of shoppers that that online reviews are an essential part of the decision process. This is Huge! Your opinion matters, even to complete strangers.
- They Have a Clear Impact on Sales. From our perspective we agree with this point. Doing a phenomenal job in the beginning will bring re-turning customers. We are fortunate to have a solid client base of customers who call us repeatedly for their cleanups. We take those gestures as the greatest compliment of all!
- They Give You An Open Line to Consumers. Positive and negative reviews are an excellent opportunity to open a dialogue about how we operate. The more stories (good or bad) we put out there the more able we are to educate on our processes and cleaning methods, so that every situation is analyzed and corrected to better serve our consumers.
We can handle any COVID-19 cleanings
We get the job done RIGHT!
This is what we do
We do cleaning and disinfecting services for COVID-19, and we have been since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are ready, willing, and able to clean and disinfect your commercial property.
We are cleaning professionals
- High Standards of SERVPRO’s trusted brand in cleaning and sanitation, and the standards set by the CDC guidlines
- Experience- in dealing with biohazard decontamination
- Training and expertise- IICRC standards and certifications
- We use EPA-approved disinfectants!
Businesses that can benefit from our expertise:
- Retirement Communities
- Fitness Centers
- Airport/ General Aviation/FBO
- Government Facilities
- Apartment complexes
- Grocery stores
- Brick and mortar stores
- Hair salons/ Barber shops
- Fire Stations /Police station
- City/County offices
- Post offices
- Country Clubs/Resorts
- Day care centers
- Auto repair shops/Auto dealerships
- Visitor’s Center
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is here to help anytime day or night 24/7 Give us a call (217) 428-2371
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth helping our local Fire Department
Owner Joel Robb is holding one of the new pieces of equipment he purchased for the Mt. Zion Fire Department.
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth was able to help our local Mt Zion Fire Department today. SERVPRO along with several other local businesses put together emergency grab bags. These bags will be handed out to families that are displaced by fire. SERVPRO also presented the Mt Zion Fire Department with some new equipment. We purchased 3 new thermal Imaging cameras. This will help them locate downed firefighters, navigate with confidence and measure temperatures for safety. SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is here to help families and businesses in our community. We take great pride in being a part of the Decatur/Forsyth community. We want to do our part to ensure the Decatur/Forsyth community thrives by helping those in need and keeping the area safe and making our community the best it can be. We are always here in the community to help residential and commercial businesses clean and safe. We make it "Like it never even happened."
Ceiling tile stains are a sign that you have issues that need to be fixed.
Call the professionals at SERVPRO to get the job done right.
Water Stain on Your Ceiling? Here’s What You Should Know.
There’s nothing worse than glancing up only to spot a yellow ring or discolored blemish on your ceiling. This is a visible mark of water damage in your home, which can not be remedied with a simple coat of paint, as doing so can facilitate the growth of mold or mildew. Water stains should instead be repaired immediately in order to avoid further damage to ceilings. But before breaking out any tools, determining the cause of your stain can help in deciding the best course of action to take.
Several different scenarios can result in ceiling water stains. The first of which is clogged gutters. Full or clogged gutters are the likely culprit if you’ve experienced heavy or persistent rain. The second scenario is leaky pipes. Leaky pipes could run from a bathroom, air conditioner, refrigerator, or dishwasher if one is located in the room above the stained ceiling. Another common source is a caulking issue. If the caulking that surrounds your bathtub or shower deteriorates, water can leak down into the ceiling below. Think about any recent events that could have kickstarted the leak, such as yesterday’s heavy rainstorm or the last time someone in the house took a shower, as one of those situations could have led to your ceiling’s water stain.
Taking Action vs Calling a Professional
Verifying the source of a leak can sometimes involve drilling holes in the ceiling in order to search for the source, which may be uncomfortable for some homeowners. If the idea of removing the water stain on your own generates unease, hiring a professional may be beneficial. A professional can also get the job done in a fast, efficient, and cost-effective manner, as most homeowners are not equipped with the knowledge or skills necessary in order to repair a leak.
We know how to handle Asbestos!
Don't expose yourself to asbestos.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral substance that can be pulled into a fluffy consistency. Asbestos fibers are soft and flexible yet resistant to heat, electricity and chemical corrosion. Pure asbestos is an effective insulator and c an be mixed in to cloth, paper, cement, plastic and other materials to make them strong.
These qualities once made asbestos very viable, but unfortunately, they also make asbestos highly toxic.
Asbestos hazards may occur during manufacturing of asbestos-containing products; performing brake or clutch repairs, renovating or demolishing buildings; or cleanup from those activities. Asbestos workers have increased changes of getting two principal types of cancer: cancer of the lung tissue and mesothelioma.
Some materials are presumed to contain asbestos if installed before 1981: thermal system insulation, roofing and siding shingles, vinyl floor tiles, plaster, cement, putties, ceiling tiles and spray coatings, industrial pipe wrapping, etc.
Testing for asbestos also need to be perform on commercial buildings.
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth can help remove any Asbestos in your home or property.
Give us a call anytime 24/7 (217) 428-2371
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is here to help our local community.
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth
1. Donate Your Time
One of the most effective ways of giving back is volunteering your time at places like your local non-profit, school, homeless shelter, animal shelter, etc. Your time is valuable and gifting it can make a world of difference in the lives of many.
2. A Random Act of Kindness for A Neighbor
Volunteering your time and energy can help strengthen your neighborhood with simple gestures of kindness. Lending a helping hand to a neighbor who is juggling handfuls of groceries to moving a piece of furniture is a generous act that leaves a lasting impression.
3. Participate in Fundraisers and Charity Events
Finding a cause that you are passionate about can be great motivation for assisting or even creating a fundraising event or charitable activity in your community.
4. Help a child in need
If you want to help a child in need, you can volunteer with organizations.
5. Volunteer at your local senior living community
Volunteering at your local senior center as ways to give back to the community can help prevent the feeling of isolation and depression among certain seniors. Some of the ways you can help include aiding seniors with daily tasks, keeping them independent and in their own homes. You can also volunteer to help aging seniors by joining organizations geared toward benefiting seniors in need.
Preparing for the Winter Weather
Preparing for the winter weather is key!
Don't we all wish winter just means snow days where we get to stay home and lounge all day in our pajamas, watch movies, and play in the snow?
Too bad that's not reality.
Winter storms can bring all sorts of issues for your home or business, so we have compiled some tips to counter those issues:
Tips for Preparing Your Home for Winter Weather
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells. This allows warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets run through unheated or uninsulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it to "off."
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
- Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puffbacks.
When winter weather strikes, SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth strikes back.
It's that time of year to get your ducts cleaned.
This is a picture of a residential duct system before we cleaned it.
The air ducts in your home have a very important job. They circulate the air flow from your heating and cooling equipment throughout your home to ensure it is properly conditioned at all times. And this occurs multiple times every day.
But it’s not just the warmth or coolness that impacts you and your family; it impacts the air you breathe as well. How many hours do you spend inside? 10? 12? And that’s every day.
It’s important to ensure it is as clean as possible.
Air duct cleaning involves removing the dust and contaminants that exist within the ductwork. This includes all areas of the system, including the supply and return air ducts as well as the registers in each room. Air duct cleaning involves powerful vacuums that pull dust and debris from deep within, preventing it from moving and circulating throughout your home.
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth can clean your ducts and make your home a cleaner environment!
Give us a call today (217) 428-2371
Quick cleaning tasks you can do in minutes.
Cleaning don't have to take a long time if you do a little each day.
Here are 30 cleaning tasks that each take 5 minutes or less. Take advantage of a few minutes here and there to get these tasks out of the way, and cut down your preparation time for when friends come over by a lot.
1. Empty small wastebaskets.
2. Put away clean dishes.
3. Make your bed.
4. Clear the dining room/main eating table.
5. Sweep one room’s floor.
6. Clean just-used dishes.
7. Take out the trash.
8. Spray and wipe down kitchen countertops.
9. Dust surfaces of one room.
10. Put in a load of laundry.
11. Put away personal belongings in one room.
12. Organize shoes.
13. Spray down plastic toys (I use a half-vinegar, half-water mixture) and let dry.
14. Throw away old receipts and mail.
15. Dust ceiling fans and lighting fixtures.
16. Surface-clean toilet and faucets in the bathroom.
17. Put away laundry (folding is another matter).
18. Spray and wipe down mirrors.
19. Mop/wipe down floor of one room.
20. Tidy shelves on a bookcase or bedside table.
21. Gather grimy washcloths, towels and dishrags and add them to the laundry basket; replace with fresh ones.
22. Surface-clean top of oven.
23. Disinfect doorknobs and handles.
24. Rearrange kitchen cabinet shelves (or just one).
25. Take down outdated items from the refrigerator door.
26. Take off old sheets and replace with fresh ones.
27. Clear cobwebs.
28. Vacuum the carpet or spray and wipe down the hardwood floors of one room.
29. Run a clean cycle on the dishwasher or clean kitchen items you use every day, like drying racks and water pitchers.
30. Clear old or expired food from fridge and shelves.
How to remove spots from your garage floor.
Keep your garage floor looking good.
If you keep your car in the garage, chances are you'll see a few oil stains on the garage floor before long. If you want to keep your garage clean, and not track in oil and its toxins into your house, you'll want to remove those stains. Removing oil stains from a garage floor isn't as difficult as you might think, but it does take a little work. Here are a few methods:
Clay cat-litter, dish soap, and a quality wire scrub brush:
Using these in three easy steps will remove an oil stain from a concrete floor.
Step 1: Absorption.
Cover the stain in clay cat-litter. Remove as much of the oil from the spot as possible before you start scrubbing. Clay litter, not clumping cat-litter, will absorb a lot after letting it sit for as long as possible -- up to two days. Then sweep it up.
Step 2: Saturate.
Saturate the stain with your cleaning solution, in this case liquid dish soap to cut the grease and break up the stain. Cover the stain in liquid soap and let it sit for one hour.
Step 3: Scrub.
Oil stains in a porous material such as concrete require a bit of elbow grease. Using the right tools will save your arms a lot of strain, so buy a quality wire scrub brush. Work the brush in a circular motion, reapplying soap and adding a little water if needed. Rinse the soap away with clean water and let the area air dry.
Dry laundry detergents: Scrubbing a concrete floor with a basic dry laundry detergent will also remove oil stains.
Coca-Cola: The phosphorous in the soda is like acid and eats up the grease. Finish the process by scrubbing the area with baking soda to clean up the color stain.
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth Remembers 9/11.
Eighteen years ago on this day, September 11, 2001, our lives changed forever. We can all remember as we watched the World Trade Center in New York City being stricken by planes as terrorists attacked our country. We watched the Pentagon in Washington in flames after Flight 77 crashed into the building. Near Shanksville, Pennsylvania another plane crashed into a field. It was a day of grief that will stay in our hearts forever.
Following the attacks, reconstruction of the event was an enormous task. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals were called upon to assist with the cleanup and restoration on the Pentagon. Despite of the difficulties and emotions that involved the restoration, SERVPRO completed the process of drying over 300,000 square feet of property due to water pipes bursting. In addition, SERVPRO also provided fire, soot and smoke cleanup and restoration services.
Although reconstruction was possible, the memories will take time to heal and recover from. SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth honors the heroic actions of those who gave their lives to help others. Firefighters, policemen, first responders, and civilians all came together to respond without hesitation to save hundreds of lives. These men and women put their own lives on the line to save others. Today and every day of our lives, we remember the innocent lives that were lost during the attacks.
We do board ups!
Keep your property safe.
If your property has experienced a fire, there are several reasons why you might want to board up structural damage or windows. In addition to keeping the external elements out of a building with fire damage, boarding up can also prevent additional losses due to looting and make the fire cleanup process easier.
Most full-service restoration specialists offer boarding-up services. Here are four reasons to board-up after a fire.
1. There is still viable stock on the premises. If products that appear viable remain in the building, you should consider boarding up. These items may require assessment and cleaning and may not be fit for sale, but having them properly processed rather than stolen can be helpful for insurance purposes.
2. You want to protect electronics and other valuables. Depending on the extent of the fire damage, you may be able to restore some electronics or other valuable property to working condition. Loss can be far more expensive than restoration or covered replacement.
3. You need to keep out the elements. If the structure of your property has sustained extensive damage, you should try to keep the elements out. Exposure to additional water, wind, or sunlight can compound the damage caused by smoke residue and soot.
4. You want to limit soot damage. It is generally a good idea to reduce foot traffic on the scene of a recent fire. When soot gets embedded into carpeting or upholstery, it can be much more difficult to restore these materials to a pre-fire condition.
Places people forget to clean!
Clean under your appliances on a regular basis.
12 places people forget to clean!
No matter how thorough you think you are at cleaning, we bet there are a few things on this list that you're forgetting about...
Your carpet is always hoovered, your bed linen freshly washed and your work surfaces spotless, but is your house really clean? Dust, dirt and grime can build up in some unexpected places and it’s easy to forget about these spots. Luckily we’re here to point you in the right direction to ensure that going forward, your home truly is spick and span.
You can’t expect a dirty dishwasher to produce pristine dishes, so give it a deep clean every now and then.
Give them a dust or use your vacuum nozzle as part of your regular cleaning routine.
Use a dry microfiber cloth and a screen wipe to remove grubby fingerprints and unwanted dust.
4. Remote control
One of the most-touched objects in your home, your remote control will quickly become covered in grease, crumbs and dust.
The same applies to keyboards. Think how many germs are building up on them!
6. Brooms and mops
There’s no point cleaning with a dirty implement! Soak your broom head in water mixed with dish soap and soak your mop in water mixed with bleach. make sure they’re dry before putting them away.
7. Washing machine
Mold and residue can build up inside your washing machine, so give it some TLC every now and then.
When you’re going round with your duster, remember to give your lampshades a wipe as their a target for settling dust.
9. Underneath appliances
You’ll find all sorts of dirt and crumbs in these crevices. Shift your appliances out the way and give these surfaces a clean.
10. Cushion covers
Many cushion covers are removal and can be put in the washing machine. For those that aren’t, try using the vacuum cleaner, stop dabbing and Febreeze.
11. Shower curtain
Get rid of horrible mildew stains by putting your shower curtain in the washing machine.
12. Doorknobs, handles and switches
Given how often we touch these, it’s surprising how little we clean them.
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth has many years of experience in the industy.
Our friendly staff is ready to help!
- Almost 30 Years’ Experience in the Industry.
- We Respond Immediately When You Need Us Most
-Home emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
- Qualified Technicians and Team Members
-Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Our training program includes the following: IIRCRC training, Employee Certification training, E-Learning programs, and Continuing Education Classes.
- We Are Ready and Equip To Handle Any Loss Whether It Be Small or Large
- SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is ready to handle your loss whether it is a water loss caused from a leaky dishwasher in your home, or water loss in your commercial business caused by fire sprinklers throughout the entire structure.
- We Understand The Stress Of A Loss In Your Home
- We at SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth understand the stress a hardship in your home can cause and our staff is there to make it as easy as possible. Our technicians know it is your house but treat it with respect like their own. Our hope is to take that stress from you and make it “Like it never even happened."
Common Cleaning mistakes you might not know you are doing.
Here are 5 common cleaning mistakes to avoid:
1. Scrubbing carpet spills
If you drop something like coffee or red wine on the carpet, don’t immediately rush to scrub it off.
Scrubbing untwists carpet fibers and distorts the pile, and once the damage is done, it's permanent. So although you might be able to eventually get the stain out of the carpet, you won't be able to untwist the carpet fibers.
Instead of scrubbing, blot the spill with a paper towel until it’s dry, and then treat it with stain remover, after testing the product in a hidden area of carpet to make sure it won't fade the color.
2. Too much water
Don’t use too much water on upholstery - some fabrics can be damaged by water, or won’t dry out properly, causing mildew. In addition, avoid applying water to metal components, as this could result in rust.
3. Dusting with a dry rag
Using a dry rag will just move dust and dirt around and scratch surfaces. Use a soft duster or a microfiber cloth, which is your best bet because it grabs and holds onto particles.
4. Combining cleaning products
More isn’t always better - combining common cleaning products like ammonia, bleach and detergent is a mistake, as not only can it potentially damage surfaces like carpet and laminate, but it can create fumes that can damage your health.
5. Vacuuming first
Vacuuming before cleaning surfaces means you’ll probably have to vacuum again afterwards, as you’ll have knocked dirt and dust onto the floor. Always dust and wipe down all surfaces prior to vacuuming.
Why cleanup is so important!
Call us when an emergency strikes!
Water Damage Restoration 101
When natural disasters like floods or fire take place in your home or office, dealing with water damage is typically one of the property owner's most pressing concerns. If you do not address the excess water in your home or office immediately, you could find yourself dealing with a wide range of unwanted health and safety issues. To ensure that your property is restored correctly and quickly, you need to attain professional water damage remediation services. Here are just a few benefits that result from taking this course of action:
Preventing Mold Growth
Attaining professional restoration services help prevent mold growth. When you have excess standing water in your home or office, you create the damp setting that mold likes to thrive in. When you hire a team of remediation specialists, they will utilize advanced methodologies and cutting edge equipment to quickly remove excess water from your property. This work is extremely important given that continual exposure to mold can compromise your health. Some of the health issues that individuals who are exposed to mold tend to experience include chronic fatigue, asthma attacks, dizziness, vision complications, diarrhea, nausea, difficulty breathing, and lung challenges. Ongoing exposure to mold growth can also lead to cancer and other pathogenic diseases.
Preventing Structural Damage
When you hire a team of restoration experts, they will help prevent your home or office from falling prey to structural damage. If excess water starts to seep into your property's structure, the result can be the deterioration of its stability and strength. This is why individuals who have been subjected to water damage often find that they cannot immediately reenter their property following a natural disaster. Restoration professionals possess the equipment and expertise necessary to recognize and remediate signs of damage quickly. In so doing, they can prevent deep, permanent structural damage from transpiring.
Water cleanup is a complex, time-consuming task that should never be completed by a property owner. Instead, you should contact a team of industry professionals to complete the remediation process on your behalf. The best company to call for excellent, effective water damage restoration is SERVPRO. We offer 24/7 emergency assistance, excellent customer service, and affordable rates. Moreover, all of our technicians are IICRC-certified
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is strategically located to respond quickly to your flood and water emergency event. Call us today! (217) 428-2371
We are ready to serve you!
Keep calm and call SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Decatur, IL. We can respond immediately to your water damage emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs.
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
- Water Extraction and Dehumidification
WATER EXTRACTION AND MITIGATION
Water mitigation is the process of reducing or preventing the amount of water damage that happens after a flood, a burst pipe, a leaking roof or more. The SERVPRO team offers fast action to help prevent additional damage and cost.
Call anytime (217)428-2371
We can make it "Like it never even happened."
We are happy to be in the Decatur community.
We are here to help!
SERVPRO is always ready to do work and is happy when recommended to do so. We feel very honored to be out in the community. We show appreciation to everyone who use our services and support us. We truly do what we love to do.
We would love to hear any ideas for marketing in the Decatur area. SERVPRO also would be interested in sponsorship's that need help. The more involved we can be in the community the better. We strive to be the best that we can be.
Your local SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is out and about throughout the Decatur area. We really give thanks to the customers and the community support and look forward to SERVPRO-ing you in the future!
We clean air ducts to eliminate harmful contaminates in the air
Dust and debris can pile up in your ducts.
Duct cleaning is important maintenance to your home:
- Renovation: If your home has been remodeled – especially if there was asbestos abatement, lead paint removal, or significant dust – your ductwork may need to be cleaned. Ducts should be sealed off during home renovations; but if they weren’t, dangerous dust and debris may become lodged inside the ductwork.
- Animals: If there’s evidence of animal infestation or nesting in your ducts or HVAC system, have the animals removed then clean the ductwork and HVAC unit.
- Mold: If there is visible mold growth inside the ductwork, the ducts and HVAC system should be cleaned.
- Contaminants: If noticeable debris, pet hair, odors, or other contaminants are being released into the room through the ducts after the registers have been cleaned and vacuumed; then the ducts may need to be cleaned.
- Illness: If someone in your family is suffering from an unexplained allergy-related illness, and you’ve taken every other possible step to decontaminate your home, you may want to consider having your ducts cleaned to see if the HVAC system was the culprit.
We use advanced technology to get the best results
Eliminates harmful contaminants that once spread through the house on a regular basis.
Eliminates dust, pet dander, mold and fungi
Relief from airborne particles
Our employees are dedicated to get the job done right and make it "Like it never even happened."
Call us today (217) 428-2371
We support our local community
2019 Golf Outing
Macon County Fraternal Order of Police #144 Charity Golf Scramble
Investing in your community is a great way to give back to those who have helped support your business. Volunteer groups and non-profit organizations do so much to help the communities that all of us are a part of, but they can't do it alone.
Many people really enjoy the intangible benefit of giving. Giving back to the community gives you a pleasant feeling of connectedness and the satisfaction of at least trying to make the world a better place.
There are many other ways for your business to support the community, such as:
- Enter a float in the annual parade, or decorate a vehicle at Christmas (one of the concrete companies in my locale creates a beautiful light display on one of their cement trucks and drives it around town in the evenings)
- Support a kids sports team
- Donate the use of a delivery vehicle for a local function
- Offer your business services at a local event (for example, one of the local computer shops organizes the wifi services at the annual town festival)
- Donate to the food bank
- Have coin donation boxes and/or sell tickets for a charity event at your business
- Donate a portion of your sales to a charity on a particular day or for a time period
- Give a charitable or community group a meeting or workspace on your business premises for free (a local pub, for instance, provides a large conference/meeting room for an animal charity's trivia night fundraiser each year)
SERVPRO is the answer to any disaster!
All of our employees that enter your home are trained to safely clean and restore your home or business after it's faced a loss.
Below are the steps that we take for Cleaning and Restoring Your Home or Business in regards to a water loss:
- Identify the Source/ Type of Water
- Measure Temperature and Humidity for Drying Analysis
- Survey the Extent of Damage and Inspect the Premises for Hidden Moisture
- Perform Emergency Water Extraction
- Move and Block furniture and Contents
- Inspect Carpet Pad/Carpet and Provide Service
- Apply Necessary Treatments (Disinfectants/Deodorization)
- Utilize Advanced Drying and Monitoring Equipment
All of our technicians are IICRC certified and have extensive knowledge about our services and equipment. Even if we can’t do the job we will help in finding a service who can handle it.
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is here 24/7 to HELP!
Give us a call anytime day or night!
Do you have clutter under your sinks? This is WHY you shouldn't!
De-clutter under your kitchen sink so it wont cause you problems in the future!
Cabinets under sinks in kitchens and bathrooms are common places to find clutter. There are pipes, maybe a hose or two, and usually a lot of stuff that was stored there in hopes that it would just magically disappear. Additionally, having clutter in this space can quickly become disastrous if one of the pipes or hoses develops a leak or bursts. Then, not only do you have a clutter problem, but you also have a soggy clutter problem.
The first thing to do with these spaces is to clear everything out from this area. Inspect the cabinet and check for signs of leaks or pests. If your cabinet is leak and pest clear, give the cabinet a good cleaning. If you have a leak or pests, call a professional and have the problem resolved before it gets even more out of hand.
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is always here to help!
Call us anytime! (217)428-2371
WHY you get the best customer service from SERVPRO
Give us a call anytime! (217) 428-2371
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is ready with 24/7 service. Call day or night and we will be there for you! We ask the right kind of questions so we a prepared when we show up to make the disaster "Like it never even happened."
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
Your name and contact information
Your insurance information (if applicable)
The street address of the water-damaged home or business
When did the flooding or water damage occur?
What caused the water damage (if known)?
Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Make recommendations to ensure you and your families safety.
GIVE us a call today! (217) 428-2371
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is under new franchise ownership
Left: Joel Robb owner of SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth
Right: Alan Dobrinick Marketing Manager For SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth
The new and improved SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is here to help you, whether with advice or cleanup and restoration services, we are here. We service all of Decatur and Forsyth and all surrounding areas. We are under new franchise ownership. We stirve to be the best restoration/cleaning company in all of Decatur/Forsyth. We provide everything from carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, duct cleaning, general cleaning to Fire Damage, Water Damage, Mold Remediation, cleanup and restoration. Our scope of work is not limited, we provide cleaning services to the residential, commercial and industrial arenas. Area businesses can contact us 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Live operators answer, we respond to emergency calls in minutes. This is a service we have truly mastered and are aces at. Come back and visit this blog from time to time for advice, information. If there are any topics, tips or information you would like to know about, feel free to email us and ask. Thanks for stopping by, and for your time spent here today! We hope to get to know you better.
WHY we are the best when it comes to disasters
Anything can happen! Call us to make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth keeps our service professional. Our services are readily available round the clock, and this is possible courtesy of our 24-hour services. Also, our services are available to both commercial and residential properties. We have a large team and enough equipment to deliver the best services to any disaster size.
If you are wondering WHY SERVPRO is the ideal place to get help after a fire damage experience, then we have the fact for you. Restoring your home after fire damage can certainly a hard thing to do. For that reason, the services of our experts come in handy towards ensuring that your property is in better shape after the disaster.
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth has what to takes to help after a Fire damage!
Here are some reasons you should let SERVPRO help!
People and businesses rely on SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth to restore damaged property for many reasons.
Here are just 5.
1. We Get It
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth understands your situation. You want to keep costs down, repair the damage, and get back to normal. Those are our goals, too.
2. SERVPRO Is Qualified
Our repair and restoration team members have the best training in the industry.
3. We Respond To You Immediately
You can reach us 24/7. When a disaster strikes we respond as quickly as possible.
4. You’re Part Of Our Team
We work with you and for you. You are in charge. You receive a complete explanation of the work we will do and why it needs to be done a certain way. Like you, we don’t appreciate surprises.
5. We’re Approved, Certified, And Experienced
We’re trained to IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) standards in fire and water cleanup and restoration. Our professionals attend SERVPRO continuing education classes.
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is here to help!
Let us make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO IS ALWAYS HERE TO HELP!
SERVPRO is always willing to do whatever it takes to make it better.
Did you know:
According to the National Weather Service (NOAA), “Approximately seventy-five percent of all Presidential disaster declarations are associated with flooding.”
NOAA lists the most common hazards in the United States as:
- Flash Flooding
- River Flooding
- Storm Surge and Coastal Inundation from Tropical and Non-Tropical Systems
- Burn Scars/Debris Flows (Caused by Wildfires)
- Ice/Debris Jams
- Dry Wash (Caused by heavy rainfall in dry areas)
- Dam Breaks/Levee Failure
WE are ALWAYS here to help!
Your local SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is always ready 24/7. We are one of the top Restoration company's in Central Illinois. Our staff is highly trained and certified.
Just because you haven’t experienced a flood/damage doesn’t mean you won’t in the future.
We are here to make it "Like it never even happened."
Some of our trucks heading off to a job.
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth is here ready to help when you need us. Our friendly staff will be there quickly with smiles on their faces. We make sure we make our customers are confident and comfortable in all the services that we provide. Our goal is to make it "Like it never even happened." We grew up in this community. The people in it is important to us. We try to give back in many ways, such as food drives and supporting local teams.
Whether you have had a flooded kitchen or a fire in an entire industrial complex, we are trained, equipped and experienced to restore, or even rebuild your property. We are available 24/7 here and ready to help.
"Faster to any disaster" call us (217) 428-2371
WSOY Food Drive
SERVPRO of Decatur/Forsyth likes to help that's WHY SERVPRO takes pride in doing drives like this!
SERVPRO, on behalf of the Warrensburg-Latham High School, We did a food drive to help businesses/individuals in our community. We donated a “truckload” of food and water (approx. 430 pounds) to the WSOY Food Drive. Any/all donations were promoted on SERVPRO’s social media outlets!!! We take pride in helping our local community.
Before you organize a food drive, make sure you contact your local food bank. The food bank will give you advice on:
- Food safety
- What types of items (food and non-food) they can safely accept
- When food is needed the most
DID YOU KNOW:
The Feeding America network maintains the highest standards of food safety, which means that not every product is suitable for donation. It requires time and effort for the food bank to sort and inspect all donated items to ensure that they are safe.
Find your local food drive:
To maximize your efforts, Feeding America suggests that you also consider a “virtual” food drive to help support your local food bank.
The Kent Boys
SERVPRO is a helping company, but in the office we are always helping each other out with anyone's needs. This workplace is always a calm and comfortable place. We are always open to suggestions and how everyone feels. We want everyone to feel important. We all quite often teach one another how to do things that the other might not know how to perform. Even things that keep everyone busy and for all hands on deck. We are very big on teamwork and believe that every employee has a role. We often have staff meetings so that things can be leveled for what the week holds for us.
Here is a picture of the General Manager, Ryan and one of our Production Techs, Gabe. Ryan is teaching Gabe things that could help at!